Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Delicious Dish

















The subject matter for a piece of art presents itself in many ways.  Still lifes are usually arranged by the artist, but sometimes if you are truly aware of your surroundings, they arrange themselves.  If you are not aware, your perfect opportunity for inspiration might just get scooped up and thrown in the garbage.  For example, I was baking recently and I had just put the eggs in the bowl to warm up to room temperature.  As I broke the eggs I put most of the shells back in the bowl.  I walked away to get a baking pan, turned around and looked back to see the eggs spilling this way and that.  It looked like a great organic still life to me.  The composition of the eggs in the bowl was simple but strong, and reminded me a lot of baking.  Much like baking a cake, sometimes all you need is a simple recipe for a unique piece of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment