Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Gerrie's Escape










Recently I had a much needed getaway to Saugatuck Michigan.  It was a drive that should have taken around 2 hours, but it ended up taking all day because of the frequent stops along the way.  From Bridgman to St Joe and then to South Haven, I was able to stop by the Box Factory’s Regional Art Exhibit, as well as seeing art in other local galleries.  One highlight of the trip was the wonderful waves that reached 10 feet high along the coast, which I stopped and photographed at every beach I could get to.  I was also able to make a stop for some plein air painting at a beautiful beach.  It’s amazing how much of a pleasure it was to just enjoy all my old haunts, see new artwork, and overall to immerse myself in the arts.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos Gerrie ! I see many beautiful painting from them . I love the one of the sand path ! There is nothing more relaxing than sand and water .

    ReplyDelete